Re-Opening Peace Childcare – What Families Need to Know
By sending your child to Peace Childcare Learning Center you are doing so with full knowledge of the current and ongoing pandemic.
If a member of the household or child is sick with COVID-19 children may NOT return to childcare until all members of the household are symptom free for 14 days.
- Hours of operation have changed: Monday – Friday 6:30am - 6:00pm
- All families will be charged for FULL DAYS no hourly rate is available.
- Breakfast at 8:30 / Lunch at 11:30 / Snack at 2:30
- All Meals will be served in the lunchroom. Each class will sit in separate rows, social distancing as much as possible.
- Field trips have been suspended until further notice.
PICK UP AND DROP OFF
- Upon arrival, adult and child should use hand sanitizer.
- Teachers will sign children in and out for the day.
- Only one adult is allowed in the building during drop off or pick up. No additional people.
- No adult is allowed in the classroom. If possible, adult should not go beyond the office.
- At pick up child will be released from the classroom to one adult. Adult should wait by the office.
TEMPERATURE CHECKS AND ILLNESS
- Child’s temperature is checked at the classroom door, the child is looked over for any signs of sickness – runny nose, rash, or cough.
- Children’s temperatures will be taken after lunch. If a child appears or behaves sick, they will be sent home and may not return until they have been better for 24 hours.
- If a child’s temp is 100 or above, they will be sent home until they are fever free for 24 hours without the use of medication. If a child appears or behaves sick, they will be sent home and may not return until they have been better for 24 hours.
- If a child become ill while at childcare they will be isolated in the office until a family member arrives.
- A child who is ill must be picked up within one hour.
CLEANING & SANITIZING
- Children are not to bring items from home. A blanket for nap will stay and be cleaned at Peace CLC.
- Inside the classroom social distancing will be difficult. Classrooms have been cleaned and some furniture & toys removed to provide easier daily cleaning and more space for children.
- Teachers will be responsible for daily cleaning and sanitizing of the classroom.
- Classes will have staggered outside & gym shifts and time allowed for cleaning before new group enters the playground & gym.
- Cleaning of the bathrooms and outside play equipment will be done throughout the day.
Peace Childcare Learning Center is happy to be serving the Antigo community
and will continue to provide excellent care for our children.
We will continue to monitor the safety of our staff and children throughout this ongoing pandemic.
Click here to read about our Childcare Playground and how we were blessed to receive it!